Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Let's Get It Started...

How many of you guys remember that gem from MC Hammer? Don't lie.

Well, as is I see it, it's 'bout time I got on the blogger ball what with having a full time job, family, and hobby that folks might need schooling on...

First things first - Kate Ridley made her appearance on 4/29/08 and came home on 5/08/08. We are blessed to have her and she is a precious little girl.


Fortunately she has her mother's hair.

She has made life very interesting to say the least! A little background may be in order here: I live(d) by the old adage early to bed...yada, yada. Well, KR likes to party, and the party starts around 9 in the pm and runs til midnight or so. After that, she sleeps very well for a newborn so...while not complaining, and all things being relative, it has been a substantial adjustment for me and the missus.

But I wouldn't have it any other way!



On the MTB Racing front 2008 has gotten off to a pretty exciting start. The SCRCS ( http://www.scrcs.com/ ) is in full swing having completed 4 of the 7 races making up the 2008 season. I am racing SS (singlespeed) this year and am having a blast. We have had 4 races to date (3 XC and 1 12 hour solo) and I have had four 4th place efforts. The podium is quite elusive for me. My buddy Dabbs ( http://msmtbracer.blogspot.com/ ) says, "Wesson; it may be that you're a good rider...but not a good racer." He means no harm and I guarantee it will make it that much sweeter when I do manage to get on that box. Bump-N-Grind is this weekend and it is THE event of the year in my opinion (you'll get no IMO crap here!). Indian Cycle Racing will be there in force ( http://www.ridgelandcyclingclub.org/index.html ).

For now - take a gander at this...a little action from the Baton Rouge Battle!


I am planning on keeping this site as up to date as possible re: the days of our lives - young KR's progress, Lolly's and my attempts at maintaining some semblance of a routine, and for those of you intersted - updates as to my racing, training, etc.

One last shot of the fam - yours truly, Lolly, and KR - Gnash and Brook are outside but we'll include shots of them tout de suite.




Peace homies...



















































1 comment:

dabbs said...

your such a family man...suca! Can't wait for the weekend!