Monday, June 9, 2008

KR is Thriving





For some reason I am unable to space these pics the way I prefer...guess I'm doing something wrong...even though I am adding them the exact way I have before. (Shrugs)

We go for KR's 6 week checkup tomorrow and expect no problems. She is becoming much more aware of her surroundings and, I can only judge by her reaction, but everything must make her mad because she is crying a bit more than she did initially. Someone said, "Oh that's normal in this stage." And when does this stage end?

Not sure where she gets her cuteness - but we can eliminate me from the equation and presume Lolly's genes or some from my side that skipped me.

The summer has settled in on us. Can you say steamy?!?

I initiated my 12 week plan today. ~12 weeks before my next race of any significance and I want to stay as focused as possible. Should be easy with the lack of distractions in my life. (wink) But it did feel good to get that 1st workout in. I had taken a week off after Bump-n-Grind and needed it to recover from some type of allergy-induced cold type bug. Thank heavens that KR and Lolly remained 'boog-free' because all three of us with the crud would be brutal. I didn't have that great of a race in B'ham but, once again, the experience was a blast! I ended up 10th out of 19 in my open singlespeed class race. Had some minor mechanical issues that did not affect my placing but put a slight damper on the race itself. I have ordered some pics of my trip through the infamous (in-famous; that means more than just famous) Blood Rock section of the trail. The section is super gnarly but I 'cleaned' it each time I rode it. I can hang my hat on that.

Over. Out.

No comments: