Friday, September 5, 2008

It's On Like Donkey Kong...

Eatin' a chicken bone. Wearin' a thong?

Anyway. It's on! A++ race weekend! McWeSSon this is it son!

My lady friends are packing up for a weekend getaway of their own as I speak, er, type. They are whisking themselves away to StarkVeg for some R&R. I will miss them but have some old scores to settle in Ox-fjord.

Awjeah! The legs are feeling good. The mindset is oh pos. The bike will get squared away tonight. New tube, some lube...and we're good to gizzo.

Make or break race this weekend for a lot of the teammates. The plan is to wage war on the competition. Stay focused. Do what we need to do. The training is done. Time for 'what ifs' is over. Put up or shut up.

Pre-race jitters: I am ate-up with 'em. What can I say? I think it's best summed up by a story I once heard...actually the story is pretty long - I'll spare you the details, but it ends with someone saying, "I LOVE THIS RACING SHIT!"

And I do. Perhaps more since the past 3 months without racing is one of the longest stretches I have gone in the past 3 years without pinning a number on.

At this point it's automatic. I've done this so many times in the last few years it's old hat.

Stay hydrated. Stay fueled. Stay rested. Stay loose. Checklist all your gear. Think POSITIVELY! Kick azz!

No comments: