Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Jurrdooey

That's what Lolly has this week. She got summonzdid ta jurrdooey...and got selected. Fun for her and an eyeopening reminder how blessed we are that Lolly is only working part time right now.
KR is doing well - she getting closer and closer to becoming self dependent with her pacifier, eating her cereal, laughing a lot, and generally being the star of stars and queen of queens.
And me, well, I do have a presentation to make Wednesday morning but that shouldn't be a big deal. I did have something worth mentioning though...
My race in Oxford.
I headed up on Saturday afternoon with B-rad to maybe ride a little bit of the course, grab some food, and then some shuteye before heading over to race Sunday morning. We eneded up riding for about 30mins. and gabbing with some acquaintances for another 45. The Good Times Crock Pot was set to simmer and things were warming up. We met up with Max and Jo-Jo for dinner at Old Venice on the square in Oxfjord. Mmmmm, Pizza! The we took it to la casa for some rest. The start was going to be early:

After watching the Beginners start I needed to warm up. So, I hit the trails...apparently the photo man thought I was racing and this photo was born:

There was a large Expert pay-out so I hung back to watch those guys (Ex 30-39) start. Wowzie! Fast! and one might even say Furious! Fast and furious?! The team had 3 guys in this group and J. Divola was able to grab the final podium spot against the stiffest competition in any MS race I have ever seen! Good on ya, son!

My race went well enough. I improved on my time from 2007 by 4 minutes. And came in 3rd place in the SS event...out of 3. Those guys are pretty fast though and I didn't beat myself so I'll try again next time.


Now we're racing!

Hope your bars aren't too wide!

Catching Paul from the Sport 30-39 Group. He said, "Man, you're STRONG!" I tried not to puke.



In the clear...

Taking it to la casa!!

No comments: