Tuesday, October 7, 2008

I Got Some 'Splaining To Do...

So, in the past 24 hours all three of my loyal readers (yeah, that's right...up from my previous 2) have asked, "What gives? No posts in like 3 weeks, come on!"

Well, we aim to please here at SSMcWesson so here goes.

The fam took a weekend trip to Memphis to see one of Lolly's cousin's get her hitchin' on this past weekend. Nothing over the top happened...usual wedding stuff. I did become an impromptu cake cutter at the reception. Hey, like I said, I aim to please. Not sure if'n any of you have cut a big ole monster wedding cake before but symmetry and keeping the pieces looking anything like a slice of cake is pretty difficult. One woman remarked, "What happened to this piece?! Looks like someone took a bite out of it and put it back!" To which I calmly replied, "Well, I took a bite of it before I put it there so no one 'put it back'." Being that she didn't know me her reaction was to merely walk away. Perfect! With luck my cake cutting days are over.

Here is a pic from the rehearsal dinner. My baby is growing up!!



Proud papa!

We had some major photo sessions while being sequestered in the hotel room. I will soon do a photo dump as I strongly suspect that my three readers prefer KR pics to my lousy prose.

On the racing front my persistence to maintain mediocrity has yielded some unexpected returns. With one race to go in the series I am in a tie for first place. This comes thanks to a third place finish on my part at the Butts Park Revenge and a DNF (did not finish) to the young feller that had held 1st place overall. The BPR took place 9/28/08 and was one of the most brutal races of the year. A mostly flat course, it is perfect for novice riders learning the sport but brutal in a race format as the flat terrain offers no downhills for resting. Can anyone say lactic acid overload?! Bottom line - me and my man will have ourselves a sho nuff humdinger in the series finale 10/18!

Here are some pics from the BPR...















...and vomit.

2 comments:

Wendi said...

Don't make me stalk you again...Can’t wait to see you and L this weekend!

dabbs said...

a little puke never hurts anyone! you did a great ride and now its down to the last race...you beta getr dizzun!