Friday, August 29, 2008

At Least It Wasn't That AFLAC Duck!

Wednesday night, we had a fright.
A silly fright, on Wednesday night.
Just got in the tub and was feeling alright.
Lolly then shrieked, "what a horrible sight!'
Try as I might to ignore her plight...
She soon was in sight demanding I fight.
What should I fight on this peaceful night?
A 2 inch gecko? That just ain't right.
Back story on Lolly for a sec if I might.
She's chased me with frogs that she catches at night.
Now, I don't like reptiles of any ilk, stripe, or type.
But, Lolly - come'on geckos don't bite.
A cottonmouth in the house? Now that is a plight.
But the bath is so warm, you can handle it right?
Cover it with a tupperware and it'll be allright.
Then I'll take it outside to enjoy the warm night.
Something then happened - you could feel it ignite
A renewed sense of urgency, tensions were spiked.
Up and out of the tub, to the rescue I hiked
And saved the young ladies from a dragon that night.

No comments: