Saturday, January 31, 2009

Dancing in the Pedals / Fun with KR

Sometimes you have days where everything goes right. I was blessed with one today.

Had to take to Fo-Runner in for an inspection sticker, oil change, and new tyres this morning.
Other than the amount of moolah I had to fork over, all went well. Sweet!

Lolly, KR, and I ran some errands while we waited that included an awesome breakfast of pancakes, bacon, and eggs at Primo's. Our favorite weekend breakfast spot (an everyone else's in the tri-county area!). Then a quick trip to Babies-R-Us for some food. KR is starting on solid foods. We got her some of the puff treats. We gave her one tonight to see what she would do. And...she choked and then threw up. Yeah, Lolly got it on video. Bribery material in her teen years for sure!

Met up with B-Rad and Buck (among others) at the trails today for what I was considering a 'C' level training race/ride. I hung with B-Rad for all but about the last 3.5 of 24 miles (3 laps) and was able to average 10mph (quite a feat on these trails). Rode at about 90-95% of my race pace and felt pretty good until a mild bonk about 20.5 miles in. If it had been a real race I would have had some Hammer Gel on hand. As it was, the granola bar was a bit hard to get to. I'll be back tomorrow for a couple hours of MTB recovery. 1st race is 8 weeks away and I am feeling great. B-Rad said I am riding better than he's ever seen. The hard work is paying off.

I earned this!



A couple of KR pics - our best friend!



Can't tell in this pic but she was bobbing her head back and forth to some silly song I was singing.



9 months old and already asking for the car keys. Jeesh!

No comments: