Sunday, January 25, 2009

Weekend News

Action packed weekend for the McWeSSons. Friday was beautiful: 70 degrees, sunny, and perfect for an outdoor photo session with KR.



Yeah, it's January. Welcome to the deep South! I love it!

Cut to Saturday and it was cloudy and rainy with a high of 44. Drats! (Not enough people say drats these days.) Not the best day for riding trails or roads, and I have a strict 'no trainer' rule on the weekend so the fam ran some errands (Circuit City for nada and Fresh Market for a lotta). Then I headed over to the Ridgeland trails for 3 hours of knee wrenching (literally) trail work. The rock garden is complete...inasmuch as trail is ever complete...it will evolve and require some upkeep. I'd show you a picture but I left my camera in my pocket the whole time. BOO!

Came home and got to hang out with KR. We ate and played and then got a call from Lolly that her car battery had died. Double drats!!

Sooo, Sunday morning's first item was jumping off and then driving to replace the battery. (In MS that's bat-tree). Mission accomplished and off for a quick ride in 42 degree weather with a fast group of 8 on the aforementioned ridgeland trails. Fastest ride I've done since early November (excluding my interval sessions) and I felt pretty dang good. Sveet!

Got to come home and party with KR. We cleaned the house up, did some laundry, played in the ball pen and jump swing, and watched some Noggin. Good stuff!

Getting close to KR's (and my) bedtime so I'll leave you with this.



Reminds me of an older song by the Lost Boyz:

I can't escape this life that I'm livin'
I'm in the mix, I'm in love with 2 women
That's word to moms, I got two honeys on my arms
and I don't wanna let none of them go
.

Minus the double negative and the fact that Mr. Cheeks was juggling two ladies in a romatic way...you get my gist.


No comments: